Since 1924, Moore Community House has served the families of East Biloxi. Moore is a mission agency of United Methodist Women.
Moore Community House has been serving the families of east Biloxi since 1924.
Moore Community House has been a part of the fabric of East Biloxi since 1924. The organization originally served the children of the seafood workers in this area - as well as the many children who worked in the seafood factories themselves during this time, before the creation of child labor laws.
Now, more than 90 years later, Moore continues to serve the families of the Mississippi Gulf Coast by providing early childhood education, and workforce training for women in the construction and advanced manufacturing fields.
Our Board of Directors
Linda Lightsey, President/UMW Representative
Kara Adams, Vice-President
Annie Johnston, Secretary
Denise Antoine, Treasurer
Rev. Dr. Larry Hilliard, Seashore District Superintendent (Ex-officio)
Clarissa Harris, Policy Council Liaison
Mary Ann O'Gorman
MCH Executive Director: Rev. Carol Burnett